Saturday 23 June 2007

Who Are You?

Who am I? Who are you?
To know - will we ever do?
We know the present, and the past; but
The future yet has not been cast!
Who do I know?
Me, you, the seed yet to grow?
Our children's great-grandchildren; who will they be?
Offspring that we shall never see!
But you, they may get to know:
Captured in time, in a photo!
What will it be like: For them I mean?
Their lives, their hopes, and their dreams!
Will you be me, in years to come?
The energy in you, could there be some?
Of me, in you, to carry my life on;
Or does it all end when my life is done?

Mark (12/10/05)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this poem Mark! It pleases me to see that your blog is up and running once again. I look forward to following your journey through thought as you express it in word.

~smile~

Mark Antoney said...

Don't know whether the whole of my journey of thought can be described fully in words. To me words are just words. Words that cannot really describe the deepest thoughts within. A sense of feeling, a sense of perception, words only give a brief meaning.

Mark Antoney said...

Thank you for the kind words. I may just take your advice!